Friday, October 8, 2010

That Bothers Me but Probably Shouldn't

Bother #1-

The Whitworth Libary uses that Library of Congress shelving system. That means that different genres of book are given different alphabetical codes. For example, most literature is in the "PS" section. I enjoy shelving the PS section. I do not enjoy shelving the BS section(theology) and here's why:

Okay, let's break this down. Theologoy majors study Jesus, right? Others things too, I'm sure, but definitely Jesus. Jesus is all about loving your neighbor, and let's say (for arguments sake) that "neighbor"="everyone. Including me, the Library Circulation Desk employee whose job it is to shelve books after people turn them in. Well, theology majors, I'm pretty sure that Jesus would not leave books ALL OVER THE SHELVES. ALL THE TIME. I'm pretty sure. But don't quote me on that.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahaha. As a former theology major, can I apologize on behalf of the whole department? I don't remember doing that myself, but then again, I hardly ever used the library.

    Sorryyyyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah ha ha ha ha ha! You are witty and pretty.

    ReplyDelete