Friday, January 15, 2010

Abode

I'm shocked by everything in my house. Literally. Every time I touch anything-iPod, light switch, door knob-I receive an electric shock. They don't hurt, but they do cause my face to make an unpleasant wrinkly expression, and they sometimes elicit little yelps.

Occasionally, I will try to shield myself from the shocks by wearing my red, fuzzy blanket around the house and putting my hand inside the blanket before attempting to touch anything. This brings me mixed results.

The house also has a strange heating system that I can't quite get the hang of. About every fourth day, the heater will blow cold air, and the temperature in the house will slowly drop until it reaches 58 degrees. And then, magically and usually at about nine in the evening, warm air will start coming out of the vents. Again, this happens every fourth day. The problem with this is that I tend to turn the heater up realllyyy high on these days in an effort to get the heater to come on. It never works, and it makes the house incredibly hot at approximately 3 a.m. I have gotten up at 3 a.m. three times so far this year to turn down the heat. Because I felt like I was sleeping in a sauna. And then the heat will be perfectly normal for three days. Why is this?

It is a great house, though. It has cushy white carpet and gigantic bedrooms and a dishwasher! And I have a room of my very own with big, pretty windows that look out on Lola Lane (it's a private drive. I never thought I would live on a private drive. It makes me feel...wealthy. At least it would if the road was paved, instead of being covered in gravel and dotted with big potholes that freeze over every night .)

No comments:

Post a Comment