Monday, May 31, 2010

Fantasy Christmas List


Let's pretend that something magical has happened. Instead of Christmas falling on December 25th, it is now on June 1. Which would make today... Christmas! Woohoo! Christmas Magic! Let's also pretend that instead of Santa bringing elf-made toys to small children, he brings happy circumstances and exciting happenings to adults (or, kind-of-adults). Alright. That's now the case.

This means that it is time for a Christmas list! Actually, way past time, since today is, technically, already Christmas. But Santa is jolly and loveable and not-picky about punctuality, so he won't mind that my list is late.

Christmas List (in no particular order)

-Better Weather
This weather is pretty bad. Seriously, pretty bad. I don't know what else to say about it. So my Christmas wish is that it will start being beautiful and sunny, so that I will have motivation to do something productive and energizing as a direct result of the weather.

-Hang-Outable, Home-from school, not-busy Friends
Come on Public Schools! Be done! You can do it! Because although I love my parents, and I think that they are great, and we have fun times, I can only spend so much time with them before I feel like screaming and throwing pillows and kicking things. This is not their fault.

-Attention
Okay, okay. Male Attention. Yes, I said it. Specifically... actually, no. Never mind.

-Intelligent Outlet
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that my IQ has dropped 20 points in the past two weeks. "Sex and the City" will do that to you. I'm trying to counter it by watching Academy Award nominated films, but I don't think it's working... So, dear Santa, please bring me someone intelligent who wants to discuss Kant. Or anyone, really. It doesn't have to be Kant. I'm not picky.

-Exciting Thing
This is a broad wish. This exciting thing could be anything! Maybe like a hot air balloon ride. Or a chance meeting with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Or, ANTHING that could possibly be interesting, unusual, or out of the norm. Because if something interesting doesn't happen (soon), I'm going to go insane. Yep, I am . Not an exaggeration.

1 comment:

  1. Dear MK,
    I also love this blog post! And guess what??? I will be home soon! Looks like Santa is going to deliver on your list! Whoooohooo! I can't wait to see you soon!!
    Love,
    EL

    ReplyDelete